Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Girl Makes Me Happy

When we named our girl "Taite" I don't think either of us realized how well she would grow to fit her name. Taite means "cheerful." I love this girl. She's really great, always happy, and makes everyone around her happy. There are a million reasons I feel this way. Taite is one of the many tender mercies in my life: Little things Heavenly Father places in my life as reminders of His love for me. I know Taite qualifies as one of these because this girl makes me laugh at times I'd probably otherwise cry. Just recently she has said a few things that have made me laugh out loud. I used to laugh a lot. I don't so much anymore, but gratefully I've got my sweet Taite to help me remember that sometimes even moms are that we might have joy.

For instance...

A couple of weeks ago I was giving Arthur a spelling test. The word was "Pour." I said, "Pour. Pour some sugar on me in the name of love." Arthur asked, "What?" Taite answered, "It must be Shakespeare."

Today after church the kids were telling me what they learned in Primary. Taite was so excited to tell me that she had learned about the Priesthood. Both kinds: the Melchizedek and the Ironic.

Man, I love my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment